1) Beat the butter, sugars, flavorings, and salt in a large bowl, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl.
2) Beat in the eggs and water.
3) Whisk together the flour blend, cocoa, baking soda, and xanthan gum. Add half to the ingredients in the bowl, beat to combine, and add the other half.
4) Stir in the chocolate chips.
5) Cover the bowl and refrigerate the dough for 1 hour or longer. If you chill it longer, it'll become harder to scoop; but otherwise will bake just fine.
6) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line them with parchment.
7) Drop rounded teaspoonfuls of dough 2" apart onto the prepared baking sheets; a teaspoon cookie scoop works well here.
8) Bake the cookies 10 minutes (for soft and bendy); 12 minutes (for firm), and 14 minutes (for crisp). Remove them from the oven, and cool on the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to finish cooling.
Yield: about 5 dozen cookies.