1) Place the flour or flour blend, Hi-maize, cake enhancer, instant yeast, salt, and xanthan gum in a mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
2) Using an electric mixer (hand mixer, or stand), mix together the milk, eggs, and honey. Beat in 1 cup of the flour mixture, and the 2 tablespoons soft butter.
3) Beat in the remaining dry ingredients; scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then beat at high speed for 3 minutes, to make a smooth, thick batter.
4) Cover the bowl, and let the thick batter rise for 1 hour. It won't appear to do much; that's OK.
5) Scrape down the bottom and sides of the bowl, deflating the batter in the process.
6) Grease an 8" round pan; or 6 English muffin rings; or the wells of a hamburger bun pan. Grease a muffin scoop or large spoon with the melted butter, or with non-stick baking spray.
7) Scoop the dough into the 8" round pan; a slightly overfilled muffin scoop works well here. Space 7 mounds around the perimeter, and 1 in the middle.
8) To make sandwich buns, drop the batter into the prepared hamburger bun pan, or into the English muffin rings placed onto a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet. Flatten the dough slightly, using a greased spatula or your wet fingers.
9) Cover with greased plastic wrap, and set in a warm place to rise until the rolls touch each other and look puffy. This should take about 45 to 60 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
10) Bake the rolls for 28 to 32 minutes, until they're golden brown. Remove the rolls from the oven, let them cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then turn them out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 dinner rolls, or 6 larger sandwich buns.