1) Whisk together the first six ingredients and set aside.
2) Beat together the eggs, melted butter or oil, milk, and lemon. Whisk into the dry ingredients. The batter should be thinner than regular pancake batter; if it's not, stir in an additional 1 to 2 tablespoons of milk, or enough to thin the batter. Allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes, while you preheat your griddle.
3) Preheat your griddle to medium-high; if you have an electric griddle, set it to 350°F. Grease the griddle.
4) Pour about 2 tablespoons batter at a time onto the griddle. Cook the pancakes for 1 to 2 minutes, until their tops are bubbly, their edges look dry, and their bottoms are golden brown.
5) Turn over and cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes. Serve hot, with butter and syrup.
Yield: 18 medium pancakes (3" to 4").