1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease 10 cups of a 12-cup muffin pan, or line with 10 papers lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
2) In a small bowl cover the raisins with hot water and set aside.
3) In a large bowl whisk together the Multi-purpose flour, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
4) Stir in the carrots, apple or pineapple, coconut and nuts.
5) in a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, oil, vanilla and water. Add to the flour mixture and stir until evenly moistened. Drain the raisins and stir them in.
6) Scoop the batter (a scone and muffin scoop works well here) into the prepared wells. They will be nearly full; that's okay.
7) Bake for 25 to 28 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center of one muffin comes out clean.
8) Remove the muffins from the oven and, after 5 minutes, transfer them to a rack to cool.
9) Wrap any leftovers airtight and store at room temperature for several days; freeze for longer storage.
Yield: 10 muffins