1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a couple of baking sheets with parchment, or simply take them out and set them somewhere handy; they don't need to be greased.
2) To make the dough: In a large bowl mix together the sugar and butter until blended.
3) Add the vanilla and eggs, and stir until blended.
4) Add the baking mix and stir until evenly blended.
5) To make the topping: Mix the sugar and cinnamon n a small bowl; use the larger amount of cinnamon for more pronounced cinnamon flavor.
6) Shape the dough into 1 1/4" balls (a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here). If the dough is sticky or hard to work with, refrigerate for 30 minutes or so.
7) Roll the balls of dough in the cinnamon-sugar mixture, then place on the baking sheets.
8) Bake the cookies for 14 to 16 minutes, or until set. They'll stay light-colored, only darkening very slightly on the bottom. Cool for 5 minutes on the pan before moving to a rack to cool completely.
Yield: about 30 cookies.