1) Whisk 1/4 teaspoon French sourdough starter into 1 cup Ancient Grains Flour Blend.
2) Add 1/2 cup cool water and mix until well blended. Allow mixture to rest overnight at room temperature.
3) The next day (day 2), discard half the starter and feed with 1 cup Ancient Grains Flour Blend and 1/2 cup cool water.
4) On day 3, repeat the discarding and feeding process of day 2.
5) On the fourth day, discard half the starter, and feed the remainder with 1 cup King Arthur Gluten-Free Multi-Purpose Flour and 1/2 cup cool water. When the starter becomes active following this feeding, it's ready to use in your first recipe.
Yield: about 1 1/2 cups starter.
It's a photograph to show off the starter; it's not what we always store it in. If you'd like to use a jar like this, feel free to do so but don't close it with the clamp- leave it slightly loose. Happy baking! Laurie@KAF