|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||two 8" round layers|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottoms of two 8" round cake pans.
2) Beat the butter with half the cake mix, the minced ginger, and the spices.
3) Add the molasses and one of the eggs, beating to combine.
4) Add the remaining eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
5) Add the milk alternately with the remaining cake mix, 1/3 of each at a time. Beat until smooth and scrape the bowl after each addition.
6) Pour the batter into the prepared pans, and bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the cake is brown and firm on top. Its internal temperature should be between 210°F and 212°F.
7) Remove the cake from the oven. Wait 5 minutes before turning it out onto a rack to cool completely before frosting. We recommend Easy Vanilla Buttercream Frosting or Cream Cheese Frosting. A very light dusting of cinnamon on top of the frosting is pretty.
Yield: one 8" layer cake, about 16 to 20 servings.