Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a standard 12-well muffin pan. Or line the pan with paper muffin cups, and grease the cups.
1) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients, including the raisins and nuts.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, water, and oil.
3) Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients.
4) Fold in the grated carrots, stirring to combine.
5) Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling them quite full.
6) Bake the muffins until a toothpick inserted in the center of one comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
7) Remove the muffins from the oven, and cool in the pan for 5 minutes before transferring to a rack to cool completely.