1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan.
2) Stir together the dry ingredients, including the nuts and Jammy Bits.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the vanilla, melted butter or oil, honey or syrup, and water.
4) Toss the wet ingredients with the dry until the mixture is evenly crumbly.
5) Spread in the prepared pan, shaking the pan to evenly cover the bottom, and pressing in firmly.
6) Bake the bars for 25 to 30 minutes, until they?re just starting to brown, and are bubbly around the edges.
7) Remove them from the oven and cool for 10 minutes.
8) Use a knife (or baker's bench knife) to cut the bars while they're still warm. Let cool completely before removing from the pan.
Yield: about 1 dozen 2" x 4 1/2" bars.