|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||6 to 8 servings|
1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease an 8" round cake that's at least 2" deep.
2) Whisk together the milk, cream, eggs, and vanilla.
3) Add the Grape-Nuts, brown sugar, and salt, stirring to combine thoroughly.
4) Pour the mixture into the prepared pan. Set the pan in a larger pan, and pour in warm water to come about 3/4 up the sides of the 8" pan; this "water bath" will allow the custard to cook slowly and stay smooth.
5) Bake the pudding for 60 minutes; a toothpick inserted into the center will come out clean.
6) Remove the pudding from the oven. Allow the pudding to set for 15 to 30 minutes before serving; or cool completely, then refrigerate.
7) Spoon individual servings onto plates or into bowls. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings.