|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||Yield: 2 flatbreads.|
1) To make the crust: Mix and knead all of the ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — to make a soft, supple dough.
2) Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover, and let rest for at least 15 minutes.
3) Divide the dough in half. Place each half on a lightly greased sheet of parchment paper, and stretch into 1/4"-thick irregular ovals.
4) Flip one piece of dough from the greased parchment onto a heated grill. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until you see well-defined grill marks; then turn over.
5) Combine the pesto and oil. Spread half onto the top (grilled) side of the crust.
6) Top with the eggplant, peppers, and goat cheese.
7) Grill 2 to 3 minutes longer, then transfer to a serving plate. Repeat with the second piece of dough.
8) Garnish flatbreads with basil, and serve warm.
Yield: 2 flatbreads.