|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
1) Stir together the mayonnaise and pesto. Spread an even coating of the mixture onto the cut halves of each bun. Set aside.
2) Brush both sides of the mushrooms with the olive oil, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3) Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Cook the mushrooms on one side for 3 to 5 minutes.
4) Flip the mushrooms over, and top each with a slice of mozzarella. Cook for another 2 to 4 minutes.
5) Transfer each of the mushrooms to the bottom half of one of the rolls. Evenly distribute the onion, roasted red peppers, and arugula over the mushrooms, then add the top half of the roll and serve.
Yield: 6 sandwiches.