|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||4 large sandwiches|
1) To make the sauce: Melt the butter in a saucepan set over medium-high heat.
2) Add the flour, stirring to incorporate. Slowly pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until a thick sauce forms.
3) Bring to a gentle simmer then add the cheese, stirring until it melts.
4) To make the sandwiches: Spread the warm sauce on one side of half the bread slices.
5) Top the sauce with a slice of ham, then a slice of cheese.
6) Spread the Dijon mustard on one side of the remaining slices of bread, and place them mustard-side-down onto the cheese.
7) Heat an electric panini griddle or skillet over medium-high heat.
8) Spread the top of the sandwich with butter, and place it butter-side down onto the hot surface.
9) Spread butter on the other side of the bread, then close the griddle or cover the pan with a lid.
10) Toast the sandwich for 3 to 5 minutes on one side, flip it over, and toast for another 3 to 5 minutes until it's as golden as you like. Remove from the pan, and serve warm.
Yield: 4 large sandwiches.