1) Preheat your oven to 350°F. Lightly grease an 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" or 9" x 5" loaf pan.
2) In a large bowl, beat together the butter and sugar until smooth. Add the vanilla, baking soda, salt, and bananas, beating until well combined. The mixture will be fairly smooth, with some scattered small chunks of banana.
3) Beat in the honey and eggs.
4) Add the flour, then the walnuts, stirring until smooth.
5) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top. Let it rest at room temperature for 10 minutes.
6) Bake the bread for 50 minutes, then gently lay a piece of aluminum foil across the top, to prevent over-browning. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes, then remove the bread from the oven; a long toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center should come out clean.
7) Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes; then remove it from the pan, and set it on a rack to cool completely.
Yield: 1 loaf, 16 to 18 servings.