1) To make the dough: Combine all of the ingredients, and mix and knead — by hand, stand mixer, or bread machine set on the dough cycle — to make a soft, smooth dough.
2) Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl and allow it to rise for 60 to 90 minutes, until it's just about doubled in bulk.
3) Gently deflate the dough, and transfer it to a lightly greased work surface.
4) Divide the dough into 32 pieces by dividing in half, then in halves again, etc. Don't worry about making them exactly even or shaping them into balls.
5) Pour a generous layer of olive oil into the bottom of a 10" monkey bread pan or tube pan.
6) To make the coating: Combine the butter, seasoning, and garlic.
7) to assemble the loaf: Dip each ball of dough into the coating mixture, then place in the pan in a single layer; you'll need to squeeze them in.
8) Cover the pan, and allow the dough to rise until quite puffy, about 60 to 90 minutes. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
9) Uncover the pan. Bake the bread for 30 to 35 minutes, until its surface is golden brown, and a digital thermometer inserted into the middle of the loaf registers 190°F.
10) Remove the bread from the oven, and turn it out of the pan onto a rack. Serve warm.
Yield: 1 loaf, about 12 servings.