1) Combine all the ingredients, and mix and knead — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — until you've made a soft, smooth dough.
2) Place the dough in a lightly greased bowl, cover, and let rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. Or, let the dough go through its first rise in the bread machine.
3) Turn the dough out onto a lightly greased work surface and deflate it gently.
4) Divide the dough into 16 pieces, and roll each piece into a tight ball.
5) Place the balls in two lightly greased 8" round pans — 8 rolls in each. Cover the rolls and let them rise until not quite doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
6) Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 400°F.
6) Bake the rolls for 20 to 22 minutes, until golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and after 5 minutes transfer them from the pan onto a rack to cool.
Yield: 16 rolls.