|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|dairy free, quick-n-easy|
|Yield:||2 quarts, approximately 8 servings|
1) In a stock pot, melt a little butter or oil and sauté the onions and celery over medium heat until they begin to soften, about 3 to 5 minutes.
2) Add the shredded cabbage and carrots. Cook for another 3 to 5 minutes, until the vegetables begin to wilt.
3) Add the potatoes and meat. Pour in the tomato juice; add a little extra juice or water, if needed, to cover the solids in the pan.
4) Cover the pot, and cook the stew over medium-low heat for 60 to 90 minutes, or until the vegetables are soft and the meat is fully cooked. This recipe can also be made in a slow cooker set on high heat for 3 to 4 hours, or low heat for 8 hours.
5) Remove the stew from the heat, and serve hot, with plenty of bread for sopping.
Yield: 2 quarts, approximately 8 servings.