1) Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
2) Check the shrimp for shells, and rinse well under cold water. Be sure the shrimp are deveined as well.
3) In a large mixing bowl, beat the softened cream cheese until very smooth. Add the shrimp, tomato, onion, garlic and jalapeños. Beat for another minute to combine.
4) Spoon the mixture into the casserole dish. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbling in the center.
5) Serve hot with toast points, crackers, and sturdy chips for dipping.
Yield: approximately 4 cups.