|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||about 20 buns|
1) To make the dough: Mix and knead all the ingredients together — by hand, mixer, or bread machine set on the dough cycle — to make a smooth dough.
2) Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover, and refrigerate overnight, or for up to 5 days.
3) To make the rolls: Divide the dough in half, and return one half to the refrigerator.
4) Gently fold the dough 2 or 3 times, and stretch it into a lightly greased New England hotdog bun pan.
5) Grease the bottom of a clean baking sheet, and place it atop the pan. Let the dough rise until it?s almost filled the pan, about 90 minutes.
6) Towards the end of the buns' rising time, preheat the oven to 375°F.
7) Bake the buns with the baking sheet on top for 22 to 25 minutes, then uncover and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
8) Cool the buns for 5 minutes in the pan before turning them out onto a rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough, if desired.
9) To finish the buns: Slice each bun down the middle, without cutting through to the bottom. Separate into individual buns.
Yield: 20 hotdog buns.