1) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease an 8" maryann-style pan or 8" round cake pan.
2) To make the cake: Beat the butter, sugar, Cake Enhancer, salt, baking powder, and lemon zest or oil till fluffy.
3) Add the eggs one at a time, beating until fluffy and scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl after each addition.
4) Mix in half the flour, then all of the milk, then the remaining flour.
5) Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, smoothing the top with a spatula and tapping the pan on the counter several times to settle the batter into the pan.
6) Bake till golden brown on the top, and a cake tester inserted into the middle comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Allow the cake to cool for 5 minutes, then turn it out onto a rack.
7) To make the filling: Beat the pastry cream filling mix with the milk and cream on low speed until well blended; then beat on medium-high speed for 2 to 3 minutes, till fluffy. Beat in the lemon curd and lemon zest.
8) Scoop onto the cooled cake. Grate fresh lemon zest over the cake to decorate. Serve with fresh raspberries or other fruit, if desired.
Yield: one 8" cake, 8 servings.