1) Preheat the oven to 400°F, and place a large baking sheet on the bottom rack.
2) Roll out the crust to ¼" thickness. Cut the crust into 6" circles using a pastry cutter, and press each circle into the cup of a hamburger bun pan. If you don't have a 6" round pastry cutter divide your dough into 6 equal pieces and roll out each individual piece into a 6" or larger, ¼"-thick round. Press them into the hamburger bun cups.
3) Refrigerate the pan until the filling is ready.
4) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, syrup, sugar, melted butter, salt, and flavoring.
5) Pour 1/3 cup of filling into each of the cups. Divide the pecans evenly among the cups, sprinkling them over the filling.
6) Place the hamburger bun pan on the heated sheet pan, and bake for 15 minutes; then reduce the oven temperature to 300°F and bake for another 20 minutes.
7) Remove both pans from the oven, and cool the mini pies completely in the pan before removing them and serving.
Yield: 6 mini pies.