1) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Roll your crust, and fit it into a 9" pie pan. Chill, uncovered, while you prepare the filling.
2) In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, syrup, sugar, melted butter, salt, and flavoring.
3) Stir in the pecans, and pour the mixture into the unbaked pie shell.
4) Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven heat to 300°F and bake for an additional 30 to 35 minutes, or until the edges have puffed and the center seems a bit wobbly, but not liquid.
5) Remove the pie from the oven, and cool completely at room temperature before slicing. If not serving soon, refrigerate till ready to serve.
6) If desired, warm individual slices briefly in the microwave before serving.
Yield: one 9" pie, 10 servings.