1) Combine all the ingredients except the bacon in a large bowl, leaving room for expansion. Stir to combine; the mixture won't be perfectly smooth.
2) Cover with plastic wrap, and let rest at room temperature for 1 hour; the mixture will begin to bubble. You can cook the waffles at this point, or refrigerate the batter overnight to cook waffles the next day.
3) Preheat your waffle iron, and spray it with non-stick vegetable oil spray. Gently fold the bacon into the batter.
4) Pour 2/3 to 3/4 cup batter (or the amount recommended by the manufacturer) onto the center of the iron. Close the lid, and bake for the recommended amount of time, until the waffle is golden brown.
5) Serve immediately, or keep warm in a 200°F oven while you cook the remaining waffles. Serve with butter and maple syrup.
Yield: about five 7" round waffles.