1) Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a 9" removable-bottom or springform pan.
2) To make the crust: Mix the crust ingredients until crumbly. Press into the bottom and 1" up the side of the prepared pan. Prick with a fork.
3) Bake the crust for 10 to 15 minutes, until it's light golden brown. Remove it from the oven, and reduce the oven temperature to 325°F.
4) To make the filling: Mix the cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and maple flavor at low speed until smooth, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl.
5) Beat in the eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl between additions.
6) Stir in the maple syrup and cream. Pour the filling into the crust.
7) Bake the cake for 40 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 300°F, and bake an additional 15 minutes, until the edges of the cake are set; a digital thermometer inserted 2" from the edge of the pan should read 170°F.
8) Turn off the oven, crack the door open a couple of inches, and let the cake cool in the oven for 1 hour.
9) Remove the cake from the oven, and cool it at room temperature for 1 hour. Refrigerate for 8 hours (or overnight) before serving.
Yield: 12 servings.