|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||13 small or 7 large pies|
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets, or line them with parchment paper.
1. For the cookies: Whisk together the flour, salt, and baking powder; set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, and maple flavoring.
3. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bowl between additions.
4. Mix in the dry ingredients until the mixture is evenly moistened.
5. Scrape the bowl, then mix in the walnuts.
6. Scoop by the tablespoonful onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving 2" of space between each cookie.
7. Bake the cookies for 9 to 11 minutes, until the top springs back when lightly touched, and the edges are a light golden brown. Remove from the oven and cool completely on a rack before filling.
8. For the filling: Place the cream cheese and half of the confectioners' sugar in a large mixing bowl, and beat at slow speed until the mixture is smooth.
9. Add the remaining sugar and the flavoring, and mix until the filling is a spreadable consistency.