1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" pie pan.
2) In a large bowl combine the beaten eggs, sugars, and salt. Whisk until the mixture is well combined and smooth.
3) Add the flour and baking powder, whisking until lump-free.
4) Fold in the sliced apples, toasted nuts, and vanilla.
5) Pour/scrape the batter into the prepared pie pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until set and lightly browned. A knife tip inserted into the center of the pie should come out clean.
6) Serve slightly warm, with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: one 9" pie.