1) Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
2) Microwave Pecan Pie in a Jar for 1 minute; carefully remove it from the microwave.
3) In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and half & half or cream.
4) Whisk in the pecan mixture. Scoop off most of the pecans, and set them aside.
5) Add the bread cubes to the milk/egg, and mix lightly to combine.
6) Pour the mixture into the dish; it may mound slightly.
7) Spoon the pecans over the top of the pudding.
8) Let the mixture sit for an hour or so at room temperature, or overnight in the refrigerator, covered. Just before baking preheat the oven to 350°F.
9) Bake the pudding for 45 to 55 minutes, uncovered, until the top is browned and the middle springs back when lightly pressed.
10) Remove the pudding from the oven, and serve warm, topped with ice-cream or whipped cream. Or, as they do in New Orleans, with whiskey sauce!
Yield: 8 to 10 servings