1) Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin, or line with papers.
2) Stir together the flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, beat together milk, oil or butter, eggs, and vanilla.
4) Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing just enough to blend. Stir in the Jammy Bits.
5) Allow the batter to rest for 20 minutes, then stir. Divide it among 12 muffin cups, filling each cup about 3/4 full.
6) Bake the muffins until golden brown and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
7) Remove from the oven and allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before turning them out on a rack to finish cooling.
Yield: 12 muffins.