1) Place all of the ingredients except the dried apricots into the pan of your bread machine, program the machine for basic dough, and press Start.
2) Check the dough after 10 to 15 minutes of kneading; it should have formed a smooth ball, soft but not sticky. If necessary, adjust the dough's consistency with additional flour or water.
3) Add the dried apricots when the machine prompts you to do so. Allow the machine to run through the full cycle.
4) Grease a 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pan and line with parchment.
5) Remove the bread from the machine and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Gently deflate the dough, and shape it into a fat 8" log. Place it in the prepared pan.
6) Cover and let the dough rise for 45 minutes to an hour, until it's crowned about 1" over the rim of the pan. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 350°F.
7) Bake the loaf for 49 to 45 minutes, or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center reads at least 190°F. Remove the bread from the oven, and after 10 minutes, turn it out of the pan onto a rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 16 servings