1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) To make the crust: Beat together the sugar, butter, salt, and flavorings.
3) Add the flours, stirring to make crumbs that cling together when squeezed.
4) Press the crumbs into the bottom and up the sides of a 4 1/4" x 13 3/4" tart pan; prick it all over with a fork.
5) Chill the crust in the freezer for 15 minutes, then bake it until it?s just beginning to brown on the edges, 18 to 22 minutes. Remove it from the oven.
6) To make the filling: Beat together the butter, salt, sugar, flour, and almond extract.
7) Beat in the eggs, then add the almond flour, stirring just to combine.
8) To assemble the tart: Spread the filling in the bottom of the crust.
9) Place the well-drained pears on top of the filling, pressing them down gently so the edges are covered.
10) Brush the pears with melted butter and sprinkle with white sparkling sugar, if desired.
11) Bake the tart for 40 to 45 minutes, until the top is lightly browned. Cool slightly before serving.
12) To make the optional sauce: Dissolve the Crème Caramel Mix in the pear syrup. Feel free to spice the sauce with ground cinnamon and a touch of ground cloves or allspice, to taste.
13) Heat the cream to a simmer, and stir in the pear syrup mixture.
14) Bring back to a simmer, and cool. Serve with pear tart.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings.