1) Preheat your oven to 400°F. Grease two baking sheets, or line with parchment.
2) Put the water and butter in a saucepan, and heat to boiling.
3) Add the flour and seasonings all at once, and stir until a ball of dough forms.
4) Remove from the heat and scrape the dough into a bowl. Beat for 1 minute, to cool slightly.
5) Add the eggs one at a time, beating each egg in completely before adding the next one.
6) Beat in the egg white, then the cheese powder.
7) Using a teaspoon scoop dipped in cold water (or two spoons), deposit level scoops (1" balls) of dough onto the baking sheets. Leave about 1 1/2" between balls to allow for expansion.
8) Bake the puffs until they're golden brown, about 15 minutes. Turn the oven off, crack the door open, and leave puffs in the cooling oven for 5 minutes.
9) Remove from the oven and serve warm, or at room temperature.
Yield: 60 puffs.