1) Preheat the oven to 250°F. Lightly grease two baking sheets; half-sheet pans are ideal.
2) In a large bowl, combine the oats, coconut, wheat germ, and nuts.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, salt, honey, flavors, and vanilla.
4) Pour the liquid ingredients over the dry mixture in the bowl, stirring and tossing till everything is well combined.
5) Divide the mixture between the pans. Bake for about 80 minutes, stirring the mixture every 15 minutes or so. You want to bring the granola at the edge in towards the middle, so it all browns evenly. Reverse the baking sheets in the oven (top to bottom, bottom to top) each time you stir.
6) When the granola is a light-to-medium golden brown, remove it from the oven and cool completely on the pans.
7) Transfer the granola to a large bowl, and mix in the dried fruit.
8) Store in a tightly closed container at room temperature for several weeks; freeze for extended storage.