1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
2) Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
3) In a separate bowl, beat the butter and brown sugar until they're light and creamy.
4) Add the eggs and vanilla, beating until combined.
5) Stir in the dry ingredients until just incorporated, then fold in the chocolate chunks and pumpkin seeds.
6) Scoop the dough a tablespoon at a time onto the prepared baking sheets, leaving about 1 1/2" between the dough balls.
7) Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, until their edges have dried; the centers will still seem soft.
8) Remove the cookies from the oven, and transfer them to a rack to cool.
Yield: 36 to 40 cookies.