1) Preheat the oven to 425°F. Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment.
2) Whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3) Work the butter into the flour until the mixture is unevenly crumbly.
4) Mix in the cheese, ham, and sauerkraut till evenly distributed.
5) Whisk together the sour cream and milk, and add to the dough, stirring to combine. The dough should be sticky.
6) Drop the dough by the 1/4-cupful onto the prepared baking sheet; a muffin scoop works well here. The biscuits can be spaced quite close together; about 1" apart is fine.
7) Brush the biscuits with a bit of cream; this will help their crust brown.
8) Bake the biscuits for 22 to 24 minutes, until they're golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool slightly right on the pan. Serve warm, or at room temperature. Thousand Island dressing is a nice accompaniment.
Yield: 15 biscuits.