1) Combine all of the ingredients, mixing and kneading to form a smooth dough.
2) Cover the dough, and allow it to rise until it's doubled in size, about 90 minutes.
3) Gently divide the dough in half; it'll deflate somewhat.
4) Shape each piece of dough into two round loaves. Place them on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
5) Cover the loaves and let them rise until very puffy, about 1 hour. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 425°F.
6) Spray the loaves with lukewarm water, and make two fairly deep diagonal slashes in each.
7) Bake the loaves for 25 to 30 minutes, until they're a very deep golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack.
Yield: two 8" round loaves.