1) To make the pastry: Combine the flour, cheese powder, and salt.
2) Work in the butter until larger, pea-sized clumps form.
3) Drizzle in the ice water and toss, adding more water if necessary to make the dough cohesive.
4) Divide the dough in half, and shape each half into a disk. Wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
5) To make the filling: Stir together all the ingredients.
6) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
7) Roll out each disk on a floured surface. Using a mini pie mold, 6" cutter, or circle template, cut out 16 circles, re-rolling the dough as necessary.
8) Place a heaping 1/4 cup filling in the center of eight pastry circles.
9) Dampen the dough around the filling with water, and top with an unfilled circle.
10) Seal with the help of a pie mold, or by pinching the edges with your fingers or a fork.
11) Place the pocket pies on a baking sheet, and bake for 15 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350°F and bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown.
12) Remove the pies from the oven, and serve warm. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Yield: 8 pocket pies.