1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 10", 10- to 15-cup capacity tube pan or bundt-style pan
2) Beat together the butter, oil, sugar, cake enhancer, spice, salt, and baking powder until light and fluffy, about 4 to 5 minutes.
3) Add the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until the batter looks fluffy. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl.
4) Beat in half the flour, then the cherry concentrate (or 1/4 cup applesauce). Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl, then beat in the remaining flour and the applesauce.
5) Fold in the apples and nuts. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
6) Bake the cake for 55 to 65 minutes, until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
7) Remove the cake from the oven, and cool for 10 minutes before turning out of the pan.
8) Make the glaze by stirring all the ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat until the sugar dissolves. Brush on the warm cake. Allow the cake to cool completely before slicing.
Yield: 16 servings.