If you're making this bread in a bread machine, place all of the ingredients into the machine, program for Basic or White Bread, and press Start.
1) To make bread using the traditional method, whisk together the instant yeast, flours, milk powder, salt, sugar, seeds and rye flavor in a large mixing bowl.
2) Add the water and butter, and mix till well-blended.
3) Knead the dough, either by machine or by hand, for about 10 minutes, or until it's smooth and supple. If you're kneading the dough by hand, we recommend doing so on a lightly greased counter (spray your work surface lightly with vegetable spray), rather than a floured surface; when working on a floured surface, you run the risk of adding too much flour to the dough, which will result in a tough, dry loaf. Place the dough in a large, lightly greased bowl, cover the bowl with a towel or plastic wrap, and allow the dough to rise till doubled in bulk, 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
4) Turn the dough out onto a lightly oiled surface, and shape it into an oval. Place the dough in a lightly greased 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pan, tent it with lightly greased plastic wrap, and set it aside till doubled in bulk and risen 1 to 1 1/2 inches over the lip of the pan, about 1 to 1 1/4 hours.
5) Bake the bread in a preheated 375°F oven for 35 minutes, or until it's golden brown and tests done (the interior of the loaf will read 190°F on an instant-read thermometer). Remove the bread from the oven, remove it from the pan, and cool completely on a rack.