1) Move an oven rack to the top third of the oven, and preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
2) Coarsely chop the hard boiled or scrambled eggs, and chop the bacon.
3) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, dry mustard, and black pepper. Toss in 3/4 cup of the cheese, the cooked egg, and the bacon.
4) Whisk together the milk, oil, and egg.
5) Whisk the liquids into the dry ingredients just until blended.
6) Spoon into the prepared pan, dividing the batter evenly among the muffin cups and filling each one about 2/3 full.
7) Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
8) Bake the muffins until they're lightly browned, about 20 to 25 minutes.
10) Remove the muffins from the oven and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before turning them out of the pan and serving warm.
Yield: 12 muffins.
As you might have guessed I would suggest Deedee, I would try the recipe with our flour (as there can be a good deal of variation in self-rising flours between brands), and see if you still have the same difficulty with the rise. And please do feel free to change up the flavoring however you like, the sky is the limit! Happy Baking! Jocelyn@KAF