Note: Thanks to customer feedback, the amount of liquid in this recipe has been adjusted, as of 7/9/12. Thanks, readers!
1) Whisk together the flour, sugar, and grated lemon peel.
2) In a separate bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, water, and oil.
3) Add the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients all at once, stirring just to combine; a few lumps are OK. Stir in the blueberries.
4) Let the batter rest for about 10 minutes, while you preheat your electric frying pan to 325°F, or preheat your stovetop griddle over medium heat.
5) Oil your frying pan with vegetable oil or non-stick vegetable oil spray, and drop the batter in 1/4-cupfuls onto the hot surface. Cook for about 1 1/2 minutes on the first side, until bubbles come to the surface and start to pop; the cakes' undersides should be a light golden brown. Cook on the second side for about 2 1/2 minutes, until pancakes are golden brown.
6) Transfer cooked pancakes to serving plates, and serve hot. A sprinkle of confectioners' sugar is an easy, tasty topping. Or drizzle with lemon syrup: mix 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice with 2/3 cup granulated sugar, or to taste. Heat briefly, just to dissolve the sugar.
Yield: about 10 pancakes.