|Be the first to rate this recipe »|
|Yield:||about 2 dozen cookies|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) two baking sheets.
2) Mix together (don't beat) the sugar, peanut butter, and vanilla JUST until blended. Mix in the eggs until the mixture is uniform.
3) Add the flour and mix until combined. Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes or so.
4) Drop the cookie dough by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared baking sheets (a tablespoon cookie scoop works well here), leaving 2" between them.
5) Use a fork to flatten each cookie to about 1/2" thick, making a cross-hatch design (dip it into flour or sugar to keep it from sticking).
6) Bake the cookies for 12 to 14 minutes, until they're barely beginning to brown around the edges; the tops won't have browned.
7) Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack. Store well-wrapped cookies at room temperature for a week or so; freeze for longer storage.
Yield: about 2 dozen cookies.