1) To make the French toast: Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside. Grease a heavy skillet or individual skillets, and heat over medium heat. Alternately, grease and heat an electric griddle to 300°F.
2) In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, cream, salt, Fiori, sugar, rum, and vanilla. Pour into a shallow dish large enough to hold the 4 pieces of bread snugly.
3) Soak one side of the bread for about 1 minute. Turn the slices over, and soak for about 30 seconds on the other side. You want the bread to absorb some of the liquid, but not become soggy. If they seem a little fragile, lift them out with a slotted spatula.
4) Fry the French toast in the skillet or on the griddle until the underside is golden brown; this should take about 2 to 3 minutes.
5) Turn the toasts over, and fry the second side for about 2 minutes, until golden brown.
6) Transfer the French toast to the prepared baking sheet, and place in the preheated 400°F oven; or place the individual skillets into the oven. The toast will finish cooking while you prepare the topping.
7) To make the topping: Warm the jam in the microwave with the water until syrupy.
8) Stir in the fruit.
9) Remove the French toast from the oven and top with the fruit and syrup.
10) Dust with confectioners' sugar; or top with whipped cream, if desired.
Yield: 4 servings.