1) To make the baguettes: Combine all of the dough ingredients, kneading to form a smooth dough.
2) Allow the dough to rise, covered, for 1 hour. Refrigerate, covered, for 12 to 18 hours.
3) Divide the dough in half. Shape each piece into a 15" to 16" baguette, and place on a lightly greased or parchment-lined baking sheet, or into a baguette pan.
4) Cover the baguettes and let them rise until very puffy, about 3 hours. Towards the end of the rising time, preheat the oven to 425°F.
5) Spritz the baguettes with water, and make three fairly deep diagonal slashes in each.
6) Bake the baguettes for 25 to 30 minutes, until they're a deep golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and cool on a rack.
7) To make the topping: Combine all of the topping ingredients.
8) To assemble the bruschetta: Slice the baguettes 3/4" thick on the diagonal. Brush one side of each slice with oil.
9) Place slices oiled side up on a baking sheet, and broil until the slices are lightly browned, about 2 minutes.
10) Cool the toasts completely, then spoon a heaping tablespoon of topping onto each one.
Yield: about 30 bruschetta.