1) To make the overnight sponge, stir down your refrigerated starter, and remove 1 cup.
2) In a large mixing bowl, stir together the 1 cup starter, flour, sugar, and buttermilk.
3) Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight.
4) In a small bowl or mixing cup, beat together the eggs, and oil or butter. Add to the overnight sponge.
5) Add the salt and baking soda, stirring to combine. The batter will bubble.
6) Pour batter onto your preheated, greased waffle iron, and bake according to the manufacturer's instructions.
7) Serve waffles immediately, to ensure crispness. Or hold in a warm oven till ready to serve.
Yield: 1 dozen 8" waffles or about 2 dozen medium pancakes.
Try holding back some of the liquid next time, and adding it to adjust the consistency of the final batter. Happy baking! Laurie@KAF