1) To make the cookies: In a large mixing bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla, spices, and salt.
2) Stir in the flour, almond flour, and baking powder, then enough of the milk to make a stiff dough.
3) Form the dough into two disks, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 2 hours or more.
4) Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease, or line with parchment, two baking sheets.
5) Working with one disk at a time, roll the dough 1/8" to 1/4" thick. Cut out shapes using your desired cutters, and transfer the cookies to the prepared pans.
6) Bake the cookies for 15 to 20 minutes, until they're lightly browned around the edges. Remove them from the oven and transfer them to a rack to cool. As they cool, they'll become quite hard.
7) To make the icing: Stir together the sugar and enough milk or water to create a thick but "drizzle-able" icing.
8) Drizzle the icing atop the cookies decoratively.
Yield: 4 dozen small cookies.