1) In a large deep skillet over medium heat, saute the sausage until well browned. Remove the sausage slices and drain all but one tablespoon of fat from the pan.
2) Reheat the pan and add the diced onion. Saute for about 5 minutes, then add the minced garlic and olive oil. Adding the garlic a little later and with a touch of extra oil will keep it from burning.
3) Add the tomatoes (undrained)and the paprika. Bring the sauce to a low boil and add the pasta, separating the strands as you go.
4) Cook the sauce and pasta for 5 to 6 minutes. Add the cooked sausage and continue to cook until heated through.
5) Serve hot with queso fresco or mild feta cheese and chunks of fresh avocado.
Yield: 6 generous servings