1) Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease two 8 1/2" x 4 1/2" loaf pans.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine the sugar, flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda.
3) In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, eggs, and almond extract.
4) Add the wet ingredients to the dry mixture, stirring gently to blend.
5) Fold in the strawberries and pecans.
6) Spoon the batter into the prepared pans.
7) Bake the bread for 60 to 70 minutes, tenting the pans lightly with foil after 55 minutes, if the loaves appear to be browning too quickly. When the bread is done, a toothpick or cake tester inserted into the center will come out clean.
8) Remove the loaves from the oven, and after 5 to 10 minutes turn them out of the pan onto a rack to cool. Cool completely before slicing; store leftovers, well-wrapped, at room temperature for several days. Freeze for longer storage.
Yield: 2 loaves.