1) To make the dough: Combine all of the dough ingredients and mix and knead — by hand, mixer or bread machine — to make a soft, smooth dough. Let rise, covered, for 1 hour.
2) To make the filling: Stir together the sugar, cinnamon, and ClearJel, then add the melted butter. Combine the walnuts and cinnamon chips separately.
3) Transfer the dough to a lightly greased work surface, and roll it into a 12" x 18" rectangle.
4) Spread the filling over the dough. Top with the walnuts and chips.
5) Starting with one long side, roll the dough into a log and form it into a ring, pinching the edges together to seal. Place the ring on a greased or parchment-lined baking sheet.
6) Using a pair of scissors, cut two-thirds of the way into the edge of the ring at 2" intervals. Turn each cut section onto its side.
7) Cover and let rise for 30 to 45 minutes, until puffy.
8) While the bread is rising, preheat the oven to 375°F.
9) Bake the tea ring for about 25 minutes, until golden; tent it with foil after 15 to 20 minutes if it's browning too quickly.
10) Remove the loaf from the oven, and carefully transfer it to a rack to cool.
Yield: 1 ring.