1) Combine the cream and milk in a large measuring cup.
2) Whisk in the sugar and pastry cream filling mix. Whisk until no more lumps remain.
3) Whisk in the cherry juice concentrate and the vanilla.
4) Refrigerate the ice cream base for at least two hours, or up to overnight.
5) Freeze the cold base in an ice cream maker according to the manufacturer's directions.
6) When the machine finishes, scrape the ice cream into a one quart container and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours to ripen and finish hardening.
Yield: 1 quart