1) Preheat the oven to 400°F and lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
2) In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flours, Bakewell Cream, baking soda, salt, and Deli Rye Flavor, if using.
3) Using your fingers or a pastry blender, cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until the mixture resembles chunky granola.
4) Combine the sour cream and cold milk, then pour all at once into the flour/butter mixture. Stir gently until just combined. Don't overwork, as this will make tough biscuits.
5) Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured work surface and fold the dough over about 5 or 6 times, until it's a cohesive mass. Gently pat into a 8" square. Cut into 16 equal squares with a sharp knife or bench knife.
6) Transfer to the baking sheet, brush the tops lightly with milk or cream, and bake for 12 to 14 minutes. The biscuits will be light and well risen, with golden brown tops.
7) Serve warm with your favorite soups and stews, or break open and stuff with corned beef and a dollop of sauerkraut.
Yield: 16 biscuits.